The Women’s International Music Network (the WiMN) has announced it’s honorees for the 2020 She Rocks Awards. The eighth annual She Rocks Awards will take place at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, January 17, 2020, at the House of Blues Anaheim, during the NAMM Show.
The 2020 She Rocks Awards recipients are:
• Gloria Gaynor, Grammy Award-winning artist, Grammy Hall Of Fame inductee, and the legendary voice behind the iconic hit “I Will Survive”
• Linda Perry, Grammy-, Golden Glob, Critic’s Choice-nominated artist, Songwriter Hall Of Fame inductee, multi-platinum producer and former frontwoman for 4 Non Blondes
• Lzzy Hale, Grammy Award-winning artist/songwriter and frontwoman for Halestorm
• Suzi Quatro, pioneering bass player, singer, musician and actress who played the role of Leather Tuscadero on “Happy Days”
• Beatie Wolfe, singer-songwriter, pioneer of immersive music formats, UN Women role model
• Suzanne D’Addario Brouder, executive director of the D’Addario Foundation
• Tara Low, music-based entrepreneur and editor and founder of Guitar Girl magazine
• Myrna Sislen, owner of Middle C Music in D.C., classical guitarist, philanthropist, former music professor
•Judy Schaefer, marketing director at PRS Guitars
• Ebonie Smith, founder and president of Gender Amplified, Inc, and Atlantic Records audio engineer and producer
“We’re ready to kick off 2020 in a big way, and our upcoming honorees are an exciting part of that,” says The WiMN founder Laura B. Whitmore. “These women go above and beyond in their respective corners of our industry and are perfect examples of why we are proud to celebrate women in music.”
Previous award recipients include Melissa Etheridge, Pat Benatar, The B-52s, Colbie Caillat, Sheila E, Chaka Khan, Ronnie Spector, Orianthi, Lisa Loeb, The Bangles, and many more, plus a collection of role models from all walks of the music and audio industries.
For more information please visit sherocksawards.com.